Top 10 Upbeat
Cake Cutting Songs

Often brides and grooms forget to choose their cake cutting songs. Perhaps they don't think it is an important part of planning your wedding music.

But as far as I am concerned it is quite an important part. If you choose the right song for this moment it can really highlight it and make an otherwise kinda boring moment (for many guests) into something more interactive and memorable.

Often guests are busy socializing, eating, drinking or standing in line for the bathroom when it is announced that the bride and groom will be cutting the cake.

And therefore they might be less inclined to drop what they are busy with to come and look at the two of you cutting the cake.


Make this moment something special by firstly having your MC or DJ announce that you will be cutting the cake, and secondly by choosing a nice, up-beat song with appropriate "sweet" lyrics.

Ask you DJ (or whoever is in charge of your music for the evening) to turn the volume up a little bit. This creates a bit of a festive mood for this moment and if you choose a song that everyone knows, you might even get them singing along and clapping hands!

Doesn't that sound much better than cutting the cake while 10% of your guests are watching you and the other 90% are just doing their own thing? I think so.

Our Selection of Top 10 Cake Cutting Songs:

Top 10 Cake Cutting Songs

There are of course many appropriate songs to choose from and you are limited only by your imagination and your music knowledge. Have a look here for a comprehensive list of cake cutting songs.

The following 10 songs are some up-beat choices that most people will know in order to create the atmosphere described above. Click on the links to download from Amazon or scroll down to listen and download from I-Tunes.

  1. Yummy Yummy Yummy - Ohio Express
  2. The Sweetest Thing - U2
  3. Sweets For My Sweet - The Drifters
  4. Sugar Sugar - The Archies
  5. Pour Some Sugar On Me - Def Leppard
  6. I Can't Help Myself (sugar pie honey bunch) - The Four Tops
  7. How Sweet It Is (To Be Loved By You) - James Taylor 
  8. Hit Me With Your Best Shot - Pat Benatar
  9. Sweet Thing - Keith Urban
  10. Sweet Like Chocolate - Shanks & Bigfoot

The Lyric Videos:

If you want to read the lyrics while you decide if this is the right song for you to use, then have a look at our YouTube playlist of the top 10 songs below:



You Might Also Like:





New! Comments

Have your say about what you just read! Leave me a comment in the box below - any song suggestions are welcome.
› Top 10 Cake Cutting Songs
site search by freefind


Create the Reception WOW Factor:

Wedding Songs 2013

Wondering what the most popular wedding songs of 2013 were? Check out our top 10!

Wedding Music CD's: